Saturday 31 January 2015

The Inspiration Post #1

As I mentioned in my New Year's Resolutions for Blogging in 2015 post, I was looking forward to starting a content series on my blog - and welcome to the first in the series!

I decided to make my content series a monthly post all about what has inspired me for the month, from beauty and fashion to homeware and food (and I'm pretty sure there will be a lot of random mentions in between!).  

Photo from Pinterest
Moroccan Mirror Love
I am obsessed with everything Moroccan-styled for my home, the geometric shapes you can get for wallpapers, cushions and curtains in rich, bold colours are just amazing.  At the moment I am in love with this gorgeous quatrefoil mirror, makes me swoon!  If anyone knows where I can get this in silver/gold and in the UK, please let me know!

Photo from Pinterest
White Tulips
How gorgeous are white tulips!  I spotted them in a store earlier this month, put them in a big vase in my kitchen and fell in love.  The bright white and healthy green colours really brighten up my home and get me excited for Spring - I just want to have vases and jars of them all over the house!

Valentino: Photo from Vogue.co.uk
Elie Saab: Photo from Style.com
Couture Dresses
Haute Couture Paris Fashion Week Spring 2015 has been stealing up all my free time and attention this past week - staring at gorgeous dresses, what's not to love?!  This dress from Valentino is just beautiful! The gorgeous light layers of fabric and shimmer of rainbow colours across the dress makes it look oh so dreamy.  Elie Saab is another favourite of mine, sticking with solid colours a lot of the time yet working with different fabrics and embellishments makes me fall in love with their collections season after season...*looks through all the beautiful photos again*...

Photo from Pinterest
Travel
I don't know if it's the slightly yucky weather recently or some sort of January blues, but my mind has been filled with ideas of travelling and visiting a few places I have never experienced before - after all life is all about the experiences and memories you make.  I'm so excited as I have booked up to visit a few states in America later in the year! I can feel my browsing history becoming clogged up with searching all things America over the next few months.

What has inspired you this month?  I'd love to hear about it!

Have an amazing weekend everyone ♥︎

7 comments:

  1. those white tulips are beautiful. i love white flowers they look so clean and crisp. id love it if youd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2015/01/lesser-known-benefits-of-going-to-gym.html xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they are lovely! Definitely brighten up my day :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks! I love browsing photos on Pinterest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Travel is such an inspiration to me. Who can resist new foods, buildings, & cultures? Come to San Diego! The weather is great.

    :] // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Travel is always so much fun.

      You live in San Diego? Oh wow, yeah I can imagine you get great weather!
      I'm from Scotland so the weather can be a bit temperamental!
      It's been lovely the past few days though with some lovely skies as it starts to get lighter now. :)

      Delete
  4. Hey! Nice post! Travel is such a big inspiration for me too! Just to let you know, I nominated you for the Liebster award. If you your interested in seeing what it's all about then check out my most recent post! :) x

    nerdyniamhsnotes.wordpress.com
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/nerdy-niamhs-notes-13286497

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I think everyone should love travelling and seeing other places in the world - so many places to visit!

      Thanks!

      Delete