Saturday 10 January 2015

Sparkly Nail Favourites

Recently I've had more time to play around with my nail collection (with it being the festive holidays and all!) and I have enjoyed layering my colours with some sparkle!
I always start off my nail routine by tidying up my nails with a few tools and using the Sally Hansen Miracle Cure Strengthener as a base.


Over Christmas I fell back in love with my Nails Inc The Mall nail polish, I used it lots over the festive period in 2013 as well.  It's a gorgeous dark blue colour with a slight shimmer when the light hits the nail and it's very opaque - one coat and I'm ready to go!  To add a bit of sparkle I used OPI Snowflakes in the Air Nail Lacquer on my ring finger, I thought about using it across them all but I really loved the dark blue on its own too. The OPI polish is great, not too runny and packs in a lot of glitter in a mix of sizes and the colour changes from silver to holographic as the lights hits it too.  




For New Year's Eve I went for another sparkly nail look, this time starting with a coat of Topshop's Nails in Barefoot, another opaque polish and it's in a gorgeous nude, slightly pink colour.  I topped off all my nails in another Nails Inc polish in Exhibition Road, this packs in lots of large gold and purple glitter pieces and I decided to fade the glitter from the tips of my nails.  I got this effect by loading lots of glitter at the tip of my nail, then started to drag the brush down to pull some of the glitter out.  




I really loved both looks and plan on doing similar nail styles again soon!

Did you play about with your nail collections over the holidays?  What's your favourite go-to look for the party season?

5 comments:

  1. Nails Inc The Mall is a gorgeous colour! x

    Antonia | Fifi and the Diamonds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I love it! I always go back to it when winter comes around.

      Delete
  2. ooh that second style with the topshop nail varnish is so lovely! i love how youve applied the glitter! id love it if youd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2015/01/overcoming-anxiety.html xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      The Topshop Barefoot polish is great on its own but I think the glitter on top worked well with it!

      Delete
  3. I've nominated you to join in getting more traffic on your blog by the Liebster Award, I hope you can join in!

    Kirsty x

    http://missapplecrumbles.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/the-liebster-award_12.html

    ReplyDelete