Saturday 3 January 2015

New Year's Resolutions for Blogging in 2015

Happy New Year everybody! ♥︎

I hope you all had a lovely time bringing in the new year
and are ready to make some memories in 2015!


This is my first post of the year so I thought it was only appropriate to let you all in on my New Year's resolutions for blogging in 2015.  I only started my blog in October of 2014 and I have been really enjoying it! However I'm ready to step it up a gear and set some targets for the year.


Resolution 1 / Get Creative!
Since I haven't been blogging for long, I've been trying to wrap my head around the basics of taking photos, uploading posts and understanding Bloglovin' - however I'd love to be able to get creative with my blog.  So, I plan to set up my own website, including the design and layout, and create a brand logo.  This will take time but I'd love to see a huge jump in progress on my blog over the next year.

Resolution 2 / Start a Content Series
I love reading content series from other great bloggers, monthly favourites being a popular one!  It's a great idea to bring readers back to your page and create consistency throughout your blog.  I currently upload posts every Saturday so I think a monthly or quarterly series would be a good place to start - now to think up some content!
If you have any ideas let me know. :)

Resolution 3 / Engage with the Community
From what I have experienced so far through a few blog comments and twitter chats, those of you in the blogging community are so friendly and happy to help fellow bloggers out.  I love reading about other bloggers offering up hints and tips to others, it's like one big happy family!
I'm going to get more engaged in blogging conversations and commenting on other blogs too, I love being able to discuss my interests with others and I'm definitely ready to chat more and make the most of it!

Do you have any New Year's resolutions for your blog in 2015?
If you have complete your resolutions from last year I'd love to hear all about them!

6 comments:

  1. I love number 3... i want to do even more of that myself this year. every blogger ive ever spoken to or met has been so lovely and friendly... its so nice to get to know other people who share the same passions as yourself! id love it if youd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2015/01/you-sexy-mother-pucker.html xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I love how friendly everyone is, especially with me just starting out. I definitely need to get more involved! :)

      Delete
  2. I think a content series is a great idea, although personally I'm a bit bored with monthly favourites as every other blogger does them. Maybe something like a "This month I did.." I think the blogging community is great, everyone I have met so far has been super friendly! I'd love if you could check out my new blog feature and leave me a comment: http://www.nishkpatel.com/2015/01/the-sunday-post-1.html

    HOW I WEAR | A Manchester Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the idea, it would be good to write about the fun things I get up to each month! Would also be a nice way for me to reflect at the end of the year. :)

      Yeah everyone has been lovely, I'm looking forward to getting more involved!

      Delete
  3. I really enjoy blogging, so I want to ensure that I have time to do it when I go back to college. Recently I've started commenting on others blogs and engaging with their content! It's a great way of communicating and makes me feel so positive! xx

    emilyjanewebb.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great you're enjoying it and that getting involved with the community makes you feel good!

      I'm looking forward to it too. :)

      Delete