Saturday 7 February 2015

My Favourite Ways to Relax

Nowadays we are always so busy, struggling to find time to catch up with family and setting a date with friends 2-3 months in advance even seems impossible at times!  There are also times when we can feel stressed, anxious and overwhelmed, all of which have affected me at some point in my life too.


When I'm feeling the pressure of deadlines or overworking myself, one thing I believe is extremely important is taking the time to chill out and do some of the little things you love - and that is what this week's post is all about.  

I love spending a night (usually a Sunday) pampering myself, it makes me feel so much better!


I tend to start off by making a cup of peppermint tea - I love it! It makes me feel so happy, it's like a hug in a mug. ♥︎
I then pop on a coconut oil hair mask for a few hours and start painting my nails.  I find this to be very therapeutic because I'm so focused on not putting nail polish all over my fingers!  I also love experimenting with colours and designs, my sister got me a nail art book a year or so ago and I always go back to it for some inspiration.


Once I've painted my nails and finished my tea, I like to do some yoga or stretches as I find gentle exercise to be really relaxing and soothing.
I'll then start running a bath with a Lush bath product as it feels like a real treat.  While my bath is running I'll pop on a face mask and I've recently been loving the Origins Drink Up Intensive Face Mask and it feels great on my skin when I leave it on overnight (it smells amazing too!).
While in the bath I'll either listen to music, watch a tv series (recently loving Revenge or Pretty Little Liars in my downtime) or read a book or magazine.  I'm in the middle of reading Gone Girl and I'm hooked!  I'll also make sure I really scrub off my hair mask and use a lovely conditioner to make my hair feel super soft.  

Later in the evening I'll treat myself by using my Jo Malone Body Creme in Pomegranate Noir and start reading another few chapters of my book or read through some posts on Bloglovin'.  

These are just a few of the little things that really brighten up my week and make me feel great!

What do you do to relax?  I'd love to hear about the little things that make you happy. ♥︎

4 comments:

  1. Cannot beat tea to relax! I love a good look through a magazine in bed to relax! x
    www.claire-frances.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, a cup of tea each night feels so relaxing. :)

      Delete
  2. Yeah tea always helps me relax (have some just now!), oh a magazine in bed sounds fab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can always recommend a peppermint tea before bedtime! It's the last thing I have in a day as it helps with digestion! xx
    emilyjanewebb.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete