Saturday 28 February 2015

The Inspiration Post #2

It's time for my 2nd inspiration post of the year!  I started off thinking of a few things that were inspiring me this month, and the first couple of the month happened to be women I look up to.  As the month went on I realised I have been loving more amazing women so this has become The Inspiration Post #2: The Women Issue.

Photo from US Magazine

Beyonce
So, what can I say about Queen B?  She is a powerhouse and a very inspirational woman.
Most recently she has been inspiring me with her energetic songs and powerful performances, just making me think WOW - if she can do it so can I!  She loves to break the rules, works so hard and does it all with so much confidence.  And not gonna lie, I still love watching her autobiographical TV movie, Life Is But A Dream.

As Beyonce once said, 'The most alluring thing a women can have is confidence.'



Victoria Beckham
What I love about Victoria Beckham is that she has such a strong work ethic which has got her to where she is today.  She is experiencing amazing success with her fashion company Victoria Beckham and it is one of the most talked about shows at New York Fashion Week.
This didn't all happen overnight for Victoria and she really worked so hard to make the company a success, initially introducing wardrobe staples such as a basic dress and making them effortlessly stand out.
And of course, she is a Spice Girl!!  Every girls dream.

'I want my kids to have a good work ethic.  I believe you can achieve anything if you work hard enough to get it.' Victoria Beckham

Photo from Elle UK

Emma Watson
Ok, this is one amazing woman.  I've loved her while watching my beloved Harry Potter movies, loved that she decided to go to University after her movie success and then of course, becoming a UN Women Goodwill Ambassador.  Her speech as part of the HeForShe campaign was incredible and I love that it got so much attention, really bringing the issue of gender inequality to the forefront.
If you haven't watched her speech yet, search YouTube for 'Emma Watson HeForShe Speech' and it will be a very interesting and thought provoking 10 minutes of your day.

'If not me, who? If not now, when?' Emma Watson

Photo from Emerson-Renaldi.com

Diane von Furstenberg
What a woman.
Introducing her infamous and forever-in-style wrap dress in the 1970's, creating a perfect balance of flattering and enhancing women's curves and being suitable for every occasion makes DVF's iconic dress such a classic.  Even when marrying into the House of Furstenberg (yes, she was a princess!), she knew she still wanted her own career and to be her own person.  She is such a strong, empowering woman and encourages this in other women through her support and commitment to philanthropic causes.

One of my all time favourite inspirational quotes comes from Diane, 'The success of every single woman is an inspiration for another'.  


These are just a few of the women currently inspiring me, there are of course so many amazing women to look up to - past and present.
I hope this post has inspired you to follow your dreams and go kick butt!  

3 comments:

  1. you have picked such an amazing collection of women! i loveeee emma watson and beyonce. id love it if youd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2015/02/branded-lab-ss15-showcase.html xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it, there are so many amazing women who work so hard for what they have achieved - but these are just a few that I have loved this month!

      Delete
  2. i adore VB and beyonce! two of my favourite inspirational women

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. you can win the rose gold GHD styler and hairdryer on my blog! click here.

    ReplyDelete