Saturday 14 February 2015

My Everyday Drugstore Foundation

Towards the end of last year I was on the hunt for the perfect drugstore foundation for everyday use.
I had been using my MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NW15 for everyday use as I'm so in love with it, however I was looking for a more affordable solution for everyday wear.


I paid a visit to Boots and spent a good amount of time in there (as you do!) looking at all the foundation options.  I ended up purchasing two Bourjois foundations as they were on a 2 for £15 or something like that (can't remember the amount of money sorry!), but individually it's usually £10.99.  I purchased the Bourjois Happy Light foundation in No 51 Rose Vanilla and also the Bourjois 123 Perfect foundation in No 51 Light Vanilla.

I have tried them both out and I'm just about finished the Happy Light foundation, however I must say my favourite of the two is the 123 Perfect foundation.


It claims to give a 'Flawless complexion, even to perfection' and I'd totally agree!  It has medium coverage, I usually have to put a bit of concealer on those pesky spots and under my eyes, but I really do believe it gives me a flawless finish which isn't too matte or too dewy - just a nice happy medium.
The great thing about this is it doesn't budge all day, my shade is pretty light and I love to pop on a flush of blusher and it gives a really fresh looking complexion.  On top of all that it has a handy pump - what's not to love?

What's your go-to everyday foundation?

6 comments:

  1. oh this sounds great, its so annoying when your foundation doesnt stay put! id love it if youd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2015/02/seven-little-tips-for-healthier-body.html xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's the worst, especially if you haven't packed any make up essentials with you for the day. This one seems to be fuss-free which is a bonus!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sending your blog to the Blogging Gals Community!

    I have always wanted to try the Bourjois foundations, will definitely be giving them a try now! My favourite foundation has to be Smashbox Studio Skin. I have yet to find my favourite drugstore.

    Bee x

    Bianca | Blogging Gals Manager | www.biancalondon.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I was pleasantly surprised by both Bourjois foundations I tried out.
      I've never tried a Smashbox foundation, love their primer though.
      Will need to try some of their foundation.

      Delete
  3. I really want to try out this foundation - i hear such great reviews on it - fab post x

    gillmclaughlin.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I usually hear good things about Bourjois products so I was intrigued by their foundation offerings!

      Thanks!

      Delete