Saturday 2 January 2016

New Year's Resolutions for Blogging in 2016

Happy New Year blogging bunnies! ♥︎

I hope you had fun celebrating the start of 2016 and let's start making amazing memories for the year ahead!

I'm ready to look back on my 2015 resolutions and how I can build on new ones for 2016.  I've now been blogging for 14 months and have been learning so much about maintaining a blog, creating content and engaging with the blogging community.
I definitely underestimated the amount of time that goes into blogging - and I only add new posts once a week!


2015 Resolutions

Resolution 1 / Get Creative!  
This resolution still stands, I wanted to create a brand logo, design and layout for my blog which I did, however I want to still improve this over time and start to build a new website for my blog which I didn't do in 2015.
This was a biggie for me in 2015, however I believe now that content is more important than having a new website set up - if you have a basic site with engaging content readers will continue to return!  So this one would just be a nice to have in 2016 - time permitting!

Resolution 2 / Start a Content Series
I started a new content series of monthly inspiration posts in 2015 covering different topics of inspiration each month, including inspirational women, bloggers and fashion week beauty looks - not to mention random selections of inspiration in between!

This year I'd again love to do a content series, I'm thinking about doing one based around what I've been up to for the month, a bit of a monthly roundup of my life to add more personality to my blog - watch this space!

Resolution 3 / Engage with the Community 
One of the biggest lessons I've learnt this year from blogging is that engaging with others is SO important.  This is probably my biggest New Year's resolution to continue with in 2016, it is the only way my blog is going to grow rapidly and continue to improve.  Plus, speaking to fellow bloggers is one of the fun parts of blogging!

New Year's Resolutions for 2016

For 2016 I have 3 areas to focus on for my blog:

  • Continue to engage with the community through comments and social media - this is a huge part of blogging and I want to do so much more of it in 2016
  • Reach 1,500 Twitter followers - probably the most important social media platform for bloggers, so I want to make the most of it!  
  • Add another social media platform to my blogging world - social media is arguably more important than your blog at times, people buy into other people and this is where your personality and blog comes to life (especially since blog commenting seems to be less popular and more inconvenient nowadays).  I'm thinking Instagram or Pinterest could be coming next!  
What are your New Year's Resolutions for blogging in 2016?  I'd love to hear what your focus is on for the year ahead!  

♥︎

4 comments:

  1. Great goals! I'd definitely look forward to seeing that content series! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm looking forward to focusing on these goals for the year :)

      Delete
  2. I found your blog through the #socialbloggers chat :)
    Definitely join Instagram! I love it! Love your resolutions too. I want to start a blog schedule and streamline my blog content a bit.

    Victoria xx thedaisyjaynes.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great, I really enjoyed the #socialbloggers chat this week :)

      Yeah I always love looking at pretty photographs on Instagram so I think it might be the way to go!

      Good luck with your resolutions to start a blog schedule and streamline your content :)

      Delete