Saturday 30 January 2016

January Life Update / Hello 2016!

Hello lovelies!  Last year I did my first content series of inspirational posts, and this year I want to focus on a new series of monthly life updates - letting you all know what I've been getting up to.  I'm excited to document some of my highlights this year and to keep looking back on all of the memories!

So to kick off with January, my family and I always start the year off with a bang!  We have a family party on New Year's Day and it's honestly one of my favourite days of the year, every year without fail.  
I'm so lucky to have a great family around me and my amazing mumma hosted a houseful of around 20-30 people with lots of champagne, food, singing and laughing!  It's always the best feeling catching up with cousins you haven't seen in a while, yet when you start chatting it's like no time has past.

Some of my favourite photos from the first day of 2016...

Selfie before the fun started! 

Champagne selfie with the little sista' ♥︎

Little Lily ♥︎

My Grandad started the singing off on a high..!
Like a lot of people at the start of the year I've been trying to eat better and exercise more, and Lean in 15 has somehow ended up being the book I've read in January..!  I just love how simple and quick the recipes are - no crazy ingredients I need to buy and super quick for those busy weeknights when you don't have much time to cook.  Some of my favourites so far are the chicken, chorizo and spinach meal and turkey mozzarella burgers - yum!


Finally, on most of the cold January nights I've been sitting down with a book, my laptop or watching some tv with of course, a cup of tea (what else?!).  I've also been finishing off some of my candy cane biscuits from Christmas mmm.


For me, January is always a pretty quiet month (I'm down to my last few pennies after the Christmas festivities!), but I like to spend the time reflecting on last year and planning out my year ahead.

How has your past month been?  I hope you all had a great New Year's Day too!

♥︎

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've had a lovely month! January has been a challenging month for me but I've powered through and I'm positive for the rest of the year :) xx

    www.LUCY-COLE.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, yeah I had a good start to the year!

      That's amazing you've powered through and I hope the rest of the year is great for you! :)

      Delete
  2. You looked absolutely stunning for NYE! Love that necklace!

    Xoxo,

    Ashley || Sed Bona

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh thank you! I had a great day :)

    ReplyDelete