Saturday 22 August 2015

Face Highlight Guide: MAC, Benefit, Urban Decay & More

Last week I blogged about my Face Contour Guide which you can catch up on here and this week I'm going to share with you products I use to highlight my face after I've contoured (or you could skip the contouring step if you'd like).


Highlighting can create a lovely illuminating aspect to your make up look and really enhance your bone structure when teamed up with some contour.  I use a few different products when highlighting for different effects.


MAC Strobe Cream
A gorgeous cream highlighter is MAC's Strobe Cream, a creamy white shade with a silver sheen which I apply under or mixed in with my foundation.  This creates a dewy texture to your base make up and really brightens up your complexion, I tend to use around a pea sized amount of this cream product across my face and acts as a great skin pick-me-up!  

Benefit Sun Beam & Watt's Up!
I have mini Benefit Sun Beam and Watt's Up! (from my gorgeous Benefit advent calendar on the run up to Christmas!) and they work as great additions to my highlighting routine.  Both products are golden and champagne shades which I tend to prefer over pinker highlighting shades, and use either of these across the top of my cheekbone where the light hits and up towards the top outer edge of my brows (in a sort of sideways v shape) and they add a rich luminous look to my skin. 


Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer & Real Techniques Pointed Foundation Brush
This drugstore concealer is easily one of my favourite concealers ever.  I use the shade fair to highlight areas of my face which the light hits - a V shape under my eyes, over the middle of my forehead, the middle and each side of my chin, down the centre of my nose and above my top lip.  
I apply my fountain first of all and then blend these areas afterwards to ensure there are no harsh lines between foundation and highlight.  I apply this concealer with the Real Techniques Pointed Foundation Brush, it's like a large concealer brush so it helps to blend in larger areas of your face.  Light concealer or foundation is a great way to brighten areas of your face easily, just make sure you're blending it all in!


Urban Decay Bootycall Eyeshadow & Zoeva 227 Luxe Soft Definer Brush
The Urban Decay Naked 2 palette has easily been my favourite for a long time, and one of my favourite shades is Bootycall (3rd from the left).  This eyeshadow is a champagne to cream toned shimmer which really adds illumination when applied to your eyes.  I use this on the inner corners of my eyes and on my brow bone, on my cupids bow, below the indent on my chin and dust lightly down the centre of my nose.  The Zoeva 227 Luxe Soft Definer Brush is great to blend the eyeshadow into these areas and helps to highlight and define the light areas of your face.  


Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze and Glow & MAC 168 Large Angled Contour Brush
The Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze and Glow Highlight is such a gorgeous, luminous golden shade and really radiates light from your face.  I use this product on my cheekbones and above the edge of my brows, lightly down the centre of my nose and on my cupids bow and below the indent on my chin.  I would use either this highlight, the Urban Decay Bootycall or the Benefit highlights on these areas - I wouldn't use them all for the one look on the same areas of the face.  
The Charlotte Tilbury Highlight leaves a natural looking, luminous tint to your face and helps to shape your face while adding a natural glow and dewy look to the skin.  I love to use the MAC 168 brush to sweep the product across areas of my face - it's so soft!  

What are your favourite products to highlight with?  

♥︎

No comments:

Post a Comment