Saturday 15 August 2015

Face Contour Guide: Charlotte Tilbury, MAC & Chanel

Contouring has fast become a go-to technique for make up lovers everywhere, it helps to add depth and definition by focusing on the angles of your face.  I've started to work on my contouring skills with a few different products which I find work for me, I'm by no means a contouring expert, however I'd like to think I've mastered the basic contouring skills.

Face Contour Guide, Charlottel Tilbury Bronze and Glow, MAC Bronzing Powder, Chanel Soleil de Tan Chanel

When contouring I focus on various areas of my face - the hollows of my cheeks below the cheek bone, my temples, below the jaw line, sides of my chin and sides of my nose.  

I focus on using 3 products in my make up collection when contouring depending on how intense I'd like my angles to look.  

Face Contour Guide, Charlottel Tilbury Bronze and Glow, MAC Bronzing Powder, Chanel Soleil de Tan Chanel

Chanel Soleil de Tan Chanel & Zoeva 110 Face Shape Brush 
Chanel's Soleil de Tan Chanel is a great product, it's a cream bronzer which is extremely buildable.  With my Zoeva 110 Face Shape Brush I start to blend the product in sweeping motions into the hollows of my cheeks, my temples and below my jaw line (I prefer to use a powder contour around my chin and nose).  In circular motions I gradually build up the bronzer to the level I would like, which I do try to keep natural and not too dark as I am pretty pale.  

Face Contour Guide, Charlottel Tilbury Bronze and Glow, MAC Bronzing Powder, Chanel Soleil de Tan Chanel

Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze and Glow & Real Techniques Contour Brush
I've posted another blog post all about my love for Charlotte Tilbury's Filmstar Bronze & Glow here, for contouring I love to use the Sculpt side of the palette.  The powder is a soft brown pigment with a slight sheen and I follow the same circular technique as above but with my Real Techniques Contour Brush, gradually building the colour into the hollows of my cheeks, my temples, below my jaw line and use what is left on the brush on the sides of my chin and sides of my nose to create a slimmer look down the centre of my face.
I'll also use this on top of the Chanel cream bronzer to set the product and build on the contour further if I need it.

Face Contour Guide, Charlottel Tilbury Bronze and Glow, MAC Bronzing Powder, Chanel Soleil de Tan Chanel

MAC Bronzing Powder & Zoeva 106 Powder Brush
I use my MAC Bronzing Powder to bronze my neck and below my jaw line, it's easy to do with my fluffy Zoeva 106 Powder Brush, it's a great bronzer which has lasted me a pretty long time (despite clearly hitting pan on this one!); I have the Golden shade which has a slight shimmer and the powder itself isn't too dark when applied with a fluffy powder brush.  I sweep this bronzer across my face to warm up my complexion slightly, it's a great all rounder to either darken tanned areas or warm up lighter areas of your face.

Do you have a favourite contouring product?
Let me know if you're a pro at contouring and can give me some hints and tips!

♥︎

No comments:

Post a Comment