Saturday 21 March 2015

Travel Beauty & Skincare Tips

I’m lucky enough to be heading off on a trip to Barcelona this weekend (I will be spending my time like an ultimate tourist while you are reading this post..!) and something I was trying to master this week before my travels was packing light.  
Now, when it comes to my outfits, bag and shoe choices I’m not great at packing light, however I believe I’m starting to make a breakthrough on the beauty front.  


I have some tips below that I try to follow when packing for a trip away.  

Miniatures and Samples are your Best Friend
This is something I always forgot about.  Every beauty lover out there must have the odd miniature hair care set, sample of foundation or shower gel from magazines and little pots of make up and skincare samples from beauty counters.  
I would usually have these things stored all over the place, some magazine samples under the bathroom sink, beauty counter samples at the back of my make up drawer and hair care sets in my cupboard waiting to be used.  I might be late to the party on this but recently I put all of my miniature products - no matter their category or purpose - into one of those large Boots bags and I never realised just how many handy, miniature products I had! 

Now whenever I pack for a trip I always start off with my Boots bag full of goodies I tend to forget about.  

Don’t Stop Decanting
An oldie but a goodie.  I recently invested in some mini clear bottles for some of my larger beauty products such as hair oil, heat protectant, cleansers and foundation (preferably one with a pump to save taking those heavy glass bottles away with you!).  

Another great space saver if you wear contact lenses (or know someone that does), is to use old cases for serums, primers, concealers and eye creams - anything balmy or with a creamy consistency which you really don’t need a lot of on your trip.  A couple of these cases can save you the space of 4 bottles in your skincare and beauty bag! 

Streamline the Collection
While you are decanting and pulling some of your favourite products from your own version of the ‘large Boots bag’, consider streamlining a lot of the products you need to use while you’re away.  Could you use the same moisturiser day and night?  Remember to pick one without SPF if you do this.  Consider taking a cleanser that is also great at removing eye make up, oils and balms are great for this.  Highlighters and bronzers can also look great as eyeshadows and cheek tints also work great as a lip tint.  

I hope you found these tips useful!
If you have any others (especially for clothing and accessories in my case..!) then I’d love to hear about them.  

Have a great weekend! ♥︎

No comments:

Post a Comment