Saturday 28 March 2015

The Inspiration Post #3

Wow hasn't March went by so quickly?! I've been crazy busy with work this month but I have also been lucky enough to spend a long weekend in Barcelona at the end of March which was amazing.  I had time to chill out and enjoy spending time with friends and family in a beautiful city - and that's exactly what my inspiration is this month.

There really is so much to see in Barcelona, from Cathedrals and Gaudi's architecture dotted around the city to magic fountains and a relaxing beach to stroll along - it's perfect for being the ultimate tourist (yes, we were on the open top bus!) while also taking the time to chill out with some drinks and soaking up the atmosphere of the city.

Sights of the City
I really am so lucky to live in Europe and only be a few hours away from some of the most beautiful cities in the world.  There is a lot history in Barcelona and by just walking around the city you get to experience so much of it.
Sagrada Familia, Barcelona Trip
Sagrada Familia - Inside
Sagrada Familia, Barcelona Trip
Sagrada Familia - Inside
Sagrada Familia, Barcelona Trip
Sagrada Familia - Outside
Sagrada Familia, Barcelona Trip
Sagrada Familia - Outside
Gaudi has such a strong presence in the city, from the decorative lamp posts to the incredible Sagrada Familia.  The building is still under construction and has been in the works since 1882, with the expected completion date of 2026!  This famous structure was Gaudi's life work and he believed his client, God, was in no hurry to see it finished.  There is so much symbolism across the building, with one side representing God's life, and the other, His death.  Inside the Sagrada Familia is absolutely stunning, there are many columns which are similar to trees and branches with incredible detail and symbolism throughout - it really is amazing to see!

Catedral de Barcelona - Barcelona Cathedral, Barcelona Trip
Catedral de Barcelona
I was staying in the Gothic Quarter of the city which is full of gorgeous buildings complete with strong balconies and beautiful shutters, I was also around the corner from the Cathedral de Barcelona, an impressive building which is in the typical Catalan Gothic style and structure.  We frequently had breakfast at a restaurant at the corner of this cathedral so we got to experience some lovely views in the square.

While we were in Barcelona we also had the opportunity to see more buildings across the city and the famous Camp Nou football stadium.

Camp Nou, Barcelona Trip
Camp Nou
Beautiful Buildings in Barcelona
Beautiful Buildings in Barcelona
Casa Mila, Barcelona Trip
Casa Mila

Quality Time with Friends and Family



While I loved seeing the beautiful sights of Barcelona, I really enjoyed spending quality time with my friends and family, ten of us were over in Barcelona and it was great catching up and really spending the full weekend laughing while having drinks and eating a lot of tapas!  

I feel so lucky to have great family and friends around me, some of my family have experienced a difficult time this month so it is really important to make the most of the time you have and to make sure you spend it with those who matter most to you, making every moment count.  

So there you have it! My time in a beautiful city and those closest to me are my inspiration this month, what are you inspired by at the moment? 

Leave a comment and let me know, I'd love to hear about how your month has been. :)

Have a great weekend everyone! ♥︎


2 comments:

  1. I visited Barcelona when I was very young and I've always wanted to return!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's a lovely city - you should definitely try and visit again :)

      Delete