Saturday 26 March 2016

March Life Update / A Love For Krakow & Polish Vodka!

March has been one fun month - I had a great family weekend away to Krakow in Poland and it was great to chill, see Krakow and drink Polish vodka..!

Ten of us went away for a long, family weekend and I was so excited to visit Poland as I had never been before.  We stayed in gorgeous apartments on a little street just off of the main square in Krakow's Old Town, which had a lovely market running through the centre in the Krakow Cloth Hall and gorgeous buildings dating back to the 13th century.  The square was much bigger than I had expected, and have since found out it is one of the largest medieval squares in Europe.  St. Mary's Basilica is also on the main square and is such an impressive building, I wish we had the time to see inside the basilica!  We also passed by the gothic Wawel Castle while on our way to the Jewish Quarter.

The nightlife and bars in Krakow were great too, so many bars to choose from and all quirky little bars down cobbled streets off of the main square.  There were jazz bars, karaoke bars and a bar playing 90s pop music - from n*sync through to Samantha Mumba - I was in pop music heaven!

We had a great trip away and I feel like I laughed from start to finish!  Below are some of the photos from our weekend...

Town Hall Tower, Main Square Krakow

Group photo! 

Sister, Sister...

Wawel Castle, Krakow

Me & my little sis :)

First night of the trip..cosmopolitan of course! 

Best breakfast ever...

Town Hall Tower, Main Square Krakow

Having drinks (& a breadstick) under a blanket and heater outside :)

Cloth Hall, Main Square Krakow

Tourists ✌️

When I got back from my trip I spent a weeknight catching up with my close friends and we got to meet my friends new puppy, Daisy - isn't she the cutest!  She is so soft and fluffy and was so playful with us that I think she tired herself out by the time I took this photo..!


Towards the end of the month I got to see Ellie Goulding at the SSE Hydro, the show was amazing and she is so, so talented - what a voice! Beforehand we grabbed some Mexican tapas from Topolabamba in Glasgow, the chicken tinga quesadilla...mmm...
Really if you get the chance to go see Ellie Goulding I'd definitely recommend it.  My boyfriend and I got to see her playing in a square in San Francisco while we were on holiday last year and it was brining back lots of great memories!



I hope you have all enjoyed March and it is now officially SPRING! 🌸
Did you get up to anything exciting or had any trips away too?  I'd love to hear about them!

♥︎

No comments:

Post a Comment