Saturday 8 November 2014

New Kiko Favourites


Recently my boyfriend and I spent a few days in Rome being full-on tourists.  We visited so many of the gorgeous sights during our time there, and all the while I referred to my Top 10 Rome pocket guide every 10 minutes to rhyme off facts about the beautiful churches, statues and squares which take over the city.

(The Pantheon, our amazing view at dinner in the Piazza della Rotonda one night.)

I had a list of places I wanted to visit before we arrived - the Colosseum, Vatican City, Roman Forum, Pantheon, Trevi Fountain and, of course (to my boyfriends dismay), Kiko.
Living in Scotland, my nearest Kiko is probably a couple hundred miles away so you can imagine my excitement when I found out we were staying a few doors along from one of the stores in Rome!

I didn't go too crazy, but I'm extremely happy with the products I purchased.


I'll start off with the face - I purchased Kiko's Natural Concealer in 01 Clear, and I love it.  It reminds me of the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer due to its amazing staying power and easy to apply doe foot applicator.  The shade 01 is perfect for my pale skin, it has a slight pinky tone to it which makes it great when applying under my eyes to hide those nasty dark circles.



Next up, eyes.  I bought the Color-Up Long Lasting Eyeshadow in 10 Bold Rosy Taupe and it's exactly as it says - long lasting.  I'm so impressed with this eyeshadow, it's more of an eye crayon which glides onto the eyelid with no pulling (which I was initially surprised at as long lasting eye crayons can be a bit on the dry side at times!).  It's a gorgeous shimmery purple taupe shade and I like to blend it once applied, I'd recommend doing this immediately as after a minute or so that's it set for the day and won't budge.  To change up the colour at times I have put dark powder eyeshadows in my crease or added a hint of cream shimmer to the inner corner of my eye.  I also found this easy to remove with a muslin cloth and my standard face wash.
I would definitely repurchase in many different colours!



Last but certainly not least, my favourite purchases - Ace of Diamonds Lipstick and Lip Pencil in 27 Refined Burgundy.  This is the ultimate Autumnal shade for the lips, a lovely mix of berry purple and red which is so smooth when applying.  It has a moisturising formula which has good staying power considering it isn't sold on being long lasting.  The lip pencil also has a creamy texture making it super easy to apply.  The colour and formula of this lipstick and lip pencil duo have made it my firm favourites of the season.

Have you made any Kiko purchases recently? I'm considering buying their Golden Game Sculpting Bronzer, if you've tried it let me know what you think!


No comments:

Post a Comment