Saturday 10 October 2015

My Guide to New York

Recently I spent a couple of weeks travelling around 3 cities in America, it was honestly one of the best experiences I've had!  Our first stop was New York so I thought I'd share some of the great places we visited and the highlights of our trip - writing this post makes me want to go back so badly.

We got to see so much of the city while we were there and we stayed literally around the corner from Times Square, so it was great getting to see it every morning and night.  This is definitely a must see when visiting New York.



While in the area I'd recommend stopping off at The View bar within the New York Marriott Marquis (right on Times Square), it is the cities only revolving rooftop bar which boasts stunning views.  We planned to stay for only a cocktail or two but stayed for most of the night and got to catch a beautiful sunset!  


One of my highlights was going to Rockefeller Centre, again, the views from here were absolutely stunning!  We had experienced evening views so it was lovely to see the city in the morning, especially the Empire State Building and Central Park.  



Central Park was another of my favourite places to visit, it really is beautiful and gives you a sense of space in such a huge, busy city.  There is so much to see in the park, I covered less than a third of it and got to see so many features such as the Friends fountain, Alice in Wonderland, Strawberry Fields and the Bow Bridge - not to mention all the people there showing off their talents singing, playing instruments and telling jokes..!  At the corner of the park you also get to see The Plaza and Tiffany & Co on 5th Avenue *lots of heart eyed emojis*.  
I could have spent a full day there, make sure you experience Central Park when visiting New York.  



It wouldn't be a trip to New York without a trip to Shake Shack, this was my first visit and OH MY...it did not disappoint.  Shack burger and cheese fries with a strawberry milkshake = heaven.


I was looking for rooftop bars in New York and we found a great one near the Flat Iron building called 230 Fifth.  It was a beautiful day and sitting on the rooftop with a cocktail, palm trees and the Empire State building as my view felt like the perfect afternoon, we loved sitting here talking about our time in NYC.  


For all the foodies out there we visited another great place for a bite to eat - Katz's Deli in the East Village.  This is a famous delicatessen with the best pastrami on rye sandwich!  It has an old school deli feel with photos of celebrities on the wall from their visits over the years, it's such a great place to visit.



I hope you've enjoyed seeing my highlights of New York, let me know if you have plans to visit soon or if you have any other recommendations of where I should visit when I return.  


♥︎

3 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to visit New York, so it was great being able to read about it from another persons point of view :). Wonderful post x

    www.sheintheknow.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's a lovely city I hope you get to visit one day :) x

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete