Saturday 25 April 2015

The Inspiration Post #4

It's time for my 4th inspiration post of the year and this month I've been inspired by lots of new things now that Spring is upon us.

Burberry Trench Coat Campaign Spring/Summer 2015
Photo from Burberry Spring/Summer 2015
Photo from Art of the Trench

Burberry Trench Coats / Art of the Trench
I mean, what's not to love?  The trench coat is iconic and so versatile.  It's perfectly British and is perfect for this time of year - a stylish must have for our April showers!  I'd love to own a Burberry trench coat one day, it's a piece of clothing that you would wear forever.

I also love ArtOfTheTrench from Burberry, it's an amazing site where you can upload photos of yourself or view photos of others in their Burberry trench coats from all over the world, I love seeing the ways people style theirs.  It's such a great idea from Burberry to integrate with their customers and  introduce a new social platform for their new and current customer base.  I've always loved Burberry's focus on digital and their approach to real time shows and product purchases at launch.  They keep innovating while making it fun for consumers!

Retro Bowling Slush Puppy

Retro Fun
Although I'm in my mid-twenties, I'm loving some old school fun this month - in particular a Friday night of bowling complete with neon lights, disco tunes and, of course, a strawberry slush puppy!  The air hockey, basketball and 10p machines in the arcade are so much fun!  It was great reminiscing on spending these sorts of nights with friends and reminded me how essential it is to make such great memories with everyone that's important to me.


This month I also celebrated Easter by painting boiled eggs with some fun characters - can you guess who my boyfriend and I were looking to recreate on the eggs above?! This was great fun on a late Sunday afternoon while drinking tea and eating Easter eggs.

I'm definitely going to make an effort to do at least one retro fun activity each month!

30 Days of Yoga - Yoga with Adriene
Photo from YogaWithAdriene.com

Yoga with Adriene 
Now, I'm by no means a yoga expert or a natural at this, however I've really enjoyed picking up on a new area of fitness and 30 Days of Yoga with Adriene has been great!  I've enjoyed both the strength and fitness and calming aspects of yoga, having a bit of a crazy work month has meant I haven't been spending as much time on myself and taking just 30 minutes each day to practice some new yoga moves has meant I've cleared my mind and let go while focusing on the poses and ideas behind yoga and Adriene makes it so simple and straightforward to follow.

I'm looking forward to completing the 30 days and continuing to spend some time focusing on myself.

Photo from Pinterest

Pastel Nail Shades
I'm so in love with pastel nail shades, I've been sporting peppermint blue nails this week and looking forward to using my Lovie Dovie Essie polish next week.   I love picking out new shades and pairing them with metallic golds and silvers, adding a bit of detail on top of the pastel colours looks amazing!

What have you been inspired by this month?
Have a great weekend everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment